Although Christianity has far-reaching roots in this compellingly beautiful land, Italy is a needy nation.
- Pray for the many towns and villages. Only 28,500 of more than 30,000 have an evangelical church or missionary.
- Pray against discouragement! 90% of all missionaries to Italy drop out within the first 5 years, never to return.
- Pray against centuries of superstition and spiritual oppression. From the domination of Islam in Medieval times to the superstitious religion in modern times.
- Pray against occult activity. There are an estimated 150,000 fortune tellers, compared to the 50,000 Catholic priests.
- Pray against cults and false religions and humanistic materialism. Out of 60 million people, only 10-15% are practicing Catholics, yet cults and other religions are on the rise.
- Pray for the youth. Who are, in particular, disillusioned and looking for answers.
- Pray for the current economic crisis. That it may lead people to look for answers and that the Christians, as a whole, will be ready to introduce them to the One who is a solid rock in the storms of life.
And believe with all of us who are working here that there is power in prayer and that it is prayer that will make the difference!